Check out the instructions below to add a hotkey (Hot key or keyboard shortcut) allowing you to change to a different computer/screen using Synergy.
- Open the “Configure Server” window on the “Server” Machine
- In the “Server Configuration” Window, please click on “New”
- In the “Hotkey” prompt, click on the “keystroke()” button
- Press the key combination you want to use to switch to another computer, for example: Ctrl+Shift+F2 as shown in the screenshot
- Click the “Ok” button to return to the Configuration Window
- Select the recently created “keystroke(Control+Shift+F2)” and click “New” in the “Actions” section
- In the “Configure Action” window, select the option “Switch to Screen” and select the computer that you want to switch to with the assigned hotkey
Leave the option “the hotkey is pressed” selected, and click “Ok”.
- You can repeat the process to add another hotkey, for example, Ctrl+Shift+F1, to switch to the other computer
- Click “Ok” on the “Server Configuration” window to return to the Synergy main window and click on “Apply”
Now you can switch between the computers using the recently assigned hotkeys!