Things to Try First
- Make sure you're typing the server's IP address correctly
- Try pinging the server from the client
- Temporarily disable your firewall
- Reinstall Synergy on all computers
- Reboot all of your computers
Ping the Server
A handy way to diagnose network issues is to ping the server (from the client). You may need to temporarily turn your firewall off, as some firewalls block pings by default.
Here's how in case you're new to this...
- Open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (macOS and Linux)
- Type: ping <ip address> (replace <ip address> with the IP of the server)
- Press the enter key to see your ping output